POSITION TITLE: Executive Director STATUS: Permanent-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Cancer Support Foundation Board of Directors
POSITIONS(S) SUPERVISED: All Employees
MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is to provide cost-free, non-medical support programs and services to cancer patients and caregivers, and to provide educational programs to the community in support of early detection of cancer.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Cancer Support Foundation ensuring quality services, solid financials, community education, public relations, and fundraising. The Executive Director works closely with the 21 members of the Board of Directors and assists both board and Foundation committees as needed. The Executive Director assumes the primary leadership role for the Foundation.
- Provides vision and leadership to fulfill the goals and mission of the organization.
- Assumes overall management responsibility for the operation and staffing of the programs and services.
- Participates in advocacy activities on behalf of patients and health policies on the local, state, and national level.
- Utilizes community resources to ensure comprehensive services to the patients served.
- Oversees day-to-day finances of organization including, but not limited to: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Orchestrates and/or performs public relations activities on behalf of the program foundation, including speaking engagements, media coverage, and community events.
- Maintains public presence as a speaker/presenter to service groups, professional groups, and other organizational meetings.
- Serves as liaison between Foundation volunteers, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Prepares the Foundation budget and provides monthly and annual financial and program reports, as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors and funders.
- Oversees the management of all grant writing including: billing procedures, maintaining appropriate record-keeping systems for program and fiscal reporting, as required by the Board of Directors and state and federal funding sources.
- Participates with board committees to establish policies for agency programs, fiscal, and personnel matters.
- Implements, expands, and suggests changes in policies as organizational growth or program issues evolve.
- Plans and implements strategies to ensure stable and ongoing funding for the organization with the Board of Directors.
- Performs other work-related duties as required by the Board of Directors.
- Serves as the primary fundraiser and spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Self-motivated leadership skills.
- Ability to work well with others and supervise people.
- BA/ BS, non-profit management, social work, or related field or 3 years equivalent work experience preferred.
- Significant fundraising experience.
- Significant grant writing experience.
- Significant experience as a presenter and public speaker.
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven successful supervisory and project management experience.
- The ability to communicate both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
Please send formal resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Cancer Support Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.