Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient care. Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for the assigned patients. Evaluates the overall effectiveness of care provided by other direct care givers. Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with other departments. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and mercy service standards.
Education: Graduate of an accredited registered professional nursing program
Licensure: Is personally responsible for obtaining, and maintaining, a current RN license within the hiring state and/or compact licensure in which nursing duties are performed and must meet all state board of nursing requirements.
- Position requires individuals to push, pull, and/or lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Position requires prolonged standing and walking each shift
- Position requires the ability to grip, reach, bend, kneel, twist, and squat to perform duties
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or successful completion of course within 30 days of hire.
One or more of the certifications below may be required based on the position/unit hired to, or acquisition of certification within department required timeframe:
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course)
- TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course)
- CPHON (Certified Pediatric/Hematology/Oncology Nurses)
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse)
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- PEARS (Pediatric Assessment Recognition and Stabilization)
- S.T.A.B.L.E. (Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, And Emotional Support) Six Assessment & Care Modules
- C-EFM (Fetal Monitor Certification)
- Other unit specific certifications as required