Valley Behavioral Health's leading psychiatric hospital for children, adolescents and adults, is setting the standard for nursing care in behavioral health. Our Registered Nurses have the opportunity to develop skills and gain experience while providing valuable service to individuals in need. Our 114-bed hospital offers comprehensive training, dynamic leadership, and personalized support so you can achieve your greatest potential.
Competitive Hourly rate with shift differential available - Starting $32 - $39/hour
Sign On Bonus
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - $7,500.00
7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. - $10,000.00
The Registered Nurse (RN) at Valley Behavioral Health is essential to our patient's recovery. As an RN, you have the opportunity to enhance your current nursing skill set, develop new capabilities, assume greater responsibilities, and become a recognized leader in your field. Every day that you are with us, you will make a vital contribution to the health and well-being of individuals in crisis and their loved ones.
Valley Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our RN team members. Current benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
Now offering 12 hour shifts. Positions are hiring immediately.
REGISTERED NURSE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing patients’ physical and behavioral health needs.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans.
- Maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians’ orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients’ status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information is gathered and documented.
- Notify physicians of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, change in medical status regarding response to medications, and related challenges.
- Ensure that initial nursing treatment plans are completed upon admission and that all nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by Arkansas
- Previous psych nursing experience preferred