Snelling Staffing is a professional staffing company dedicated to helping local businesses find local people. We are currently staffing for a Manufacturing company located in the River Valley Area, AR. We are seeking an experienced Supervisor to join their team!
Your role would be overseeing production on multiple lines including activities of 20+ employees. Drive the success of the department by continually motivating employee morale, communicate management goals and objectives, modify undesirable behavior's and encourage continuous development and improvement. Ensure all customer orders are met by achieving production to schedule. Mentor and coach employees to reach their maximum potential through development plans and engagement.
- Insurance & Additional Benefits
- Stable & State of the Art Facility
- World Wide Customer Base
Candidates must be flexible to accommodate multiple shifts including 2nd Shift - Monday - Friday 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM
- Provide coaching and supervision to 18 to 24 employees daily.
- Motivate and discipline employees as required.
- Provide all assigned employees any information tools needed to perform their job responsibilities. Create development plans for employees to address opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor production schedule to identify potential scheduling issues.
- Coordinate quarantine and disposition of defective supplies.
- Monitor product quality issues and resolve them as needed.
- Identify issues where procedural changes are necessary and issue Corrective Action Requests to assist in resolving these issues.
- Maintain budgetary line efficiencies and production performance to reduce or eliminate rework.
- Ensure accurate coding of payroll.
- Monitor line maintenance and supplies spending to identify areas of opportunity.
- Monitor and reduce line setup and downtime.
- Ensure first time quality on production lines to eliminate rework costs.
- Plan for productive or value-added work for employees during line downtime
- Assist in budget preparation (line staffing, targeted efficiencies, theoretical maximums).
- Assist in the preparation of capital projects and implementation.
- Ensure employees receive proper equipment training, quality training, and production guidelines prior to production.
- Assist in researching needed improvements for line operations.
- Test new products and procedures as required.
- Special team assignments as required
- Conduct periodic safety inspections, complete incident reports, enforce company PPE usage policy.
- ISO 9000
- ISO 14000
- OHSAS 18000
- ISO 22000
- PMP's - SMART
- PREFERRED bachelor's degree or related business or technical field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Maintenance/mechanical experience is a plus
Technical Functional Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set and achieve short, medium, and long-range goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC and software skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Snelling Personnel Fort Smith is proud to serve employers and job seekers in Fort Smith, AR. The Snelling founders began the company based on the objective of helping people to “achieve the success they desire.” This objective has been a guiding principle for 65 years, and it remains the foundation for us in Fort Smith. We work hard to understand the demands employers and job seekers face every day. We build this understanding into every solution we provide, whether it is helping one candidate find the job that is right or one client staffing an entire division of their operation. We truly provide “Custom Workforce Solutions.”