Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured or disabled patients. Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
1. Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
2. Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions.
3. Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
4. Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement or evaluate patient care plans. Obtain verbal orders and start of care from physician.
5. Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
6. Re-evaluates the client’s needs regularly and revises the plan of care accordingly.
7. Coordinates services between client, aide, therapist and provider of service.
8. Instructs aides to perform specific duties as outlined in the care plan. Makes supervisor aide visits per regulatory guidelines.
9. Prepare equipment or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
10. Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
11. Supervises the aides by visiting clients’ residence according to guidelines. Report any issues with the aide to the supervisor for guidance and action.
12. Participate in in-service meetings.
13. Instruct individuals and families on topics such as health education, disease prevention and health improvement programs.
14. Administer medications to patient and monitor patients for reactions or side effects. Delivers medicine to patient from pharmacy if needed. Provides the means for the caregiver to destroy unused controlled drugs according to policy.
15. Works on-call schedule as assigned.
16. Prepare IDG updates for IDG meetings.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualification Requirements
1. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
2. Current Registered Nursing license from the Arkansas State Board of Nursing.
3. Home health care experience preferred.
4. Valid driver’s license.
5. Current CPR certificate.
6. Ability to travel out-of-the area and overnight.
Physical Demand Requirements
1. Regularly required to lift, push and pull objects over 40 pounds.
2. Regularly required to talk or hear.
3. Regularly required to sit for extended amounts of time.
4. Regularly required to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb.
5. Must have high dexterity of both hands, have strong hands, wrists and arms.
6. Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
7. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus