Universal Home Technician
Universal Home Tech-In Train (Job Number: 208485)
UNIVERSAL HOME TECH
Having a career in cable television doesn't mean you have to audition for a reality show. In fact, working as a Universal Home Technician is a pretty sweet gig that doesn't even involve surviving on an island with strangers or being cutthroat in a kitchen. If Tech Installer or Maintenance Technician are skills in your wheelhouse, this might be a role in which you were meant to play.
The opportunity is with Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and we're all about connecting our customers to a world of possibilities.
What You'll do
- Install, disconnect, and troubleshoot for Cox products, working with things like alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded wires.
- Just to bring a little paperwork into your world, you'll document the results of each of your visits.
- Share our amazing products, how to use them, and what upgrades are available.
- Guide customers through the legal linguistics of waivers, agreements, and release forms.
- Drive a company vehicle, which includes planning your daily route, ordering necessary equipment, and supplying, stocking and maintaining your vehicle (including but not limited to your favorite passenger seat snack).
- Take part in training sessions, so you can be up to speed on our latest products, services, and safety guidelines. It's all designed to keep you between the lines.
- The best in workspace tools and technology are a must for you to do your best work, so Cox makes sure you have a tool belt filled with the most innovative equipment and resources available.
- If you're looking for a truckload of benefits, we've got plenty to install, starting with great, highly competitive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401K + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We'll also connect you with tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance, (cool, right?) and much more.
- We'll wire you up to plenty of opportunities to learn and train so you can amp up your skills and explore opportunities that will help you achieve your goals.
- At Cox, we value things like flexibility and quality of life. We're proud of (and work hard to maintain) an uplifting company culture that provides a big tent filled with diverse people and big ideas. The trust between our leadership and our teams mean you're working in an environment that supports real change driven by collaboration. Needless to say, we think you'll feel at home behind the wheel here.
Who You Are
You're also good with customers, creating a friendly rapport when providing service or troubleshooting issues for them. You know your way around basic PC/Windows software, and have a driving and work history that you're proud of.
While you won't need to bench press for this gig, you are able to handle a number of different physical requirements, from climbing ladders to carrying equipment. You're easy-going about things like small work spaces, working outdoors, and toasty or frigid temperatures.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- 1 year experience in a comparable field (e.g., related hands-on trade role).
- 1 year direct customer service experience.
- PC / Windows software skills.
- Stable work history.
- Ability to work required shifts and overtime (if necessary).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus.
- 5+ years experience specifically in service installation and repair in multiple service provider and/or telecommunications environment.
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment up to 70 pounds, and carry a 28-foot ladder.
- Ability to complete documentation, and inspect, install, and repair materials and equipment.
- Ability to distinguish different wire colors.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl, as well as climb ladders and/or utility poles.
- Ability to work in small spaces (such as crawl spaces and attics).
- Ability to tolerate temporary exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and extreme, non-weather-related heat.
- Ability to work outdoors.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AR-Fort Smith-4900 S Zero St
Other Locations: United States
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job -
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing