Warehouse Person (Loader) (FT/Days)
CAREER OPPORTUNITYThe position will be posted to the PepsiCo Beverages North America career site (https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main) at approximately the time below. If there is no date/time indicated next to “ Position Posted” , you can expect the position to be posted within 24 hours of this
Position posted: -
Position Location: Fort Smith, AR
Position Title: Warehouse Person (Loader) (FT/Days)
CLICK HERE to view our Warehouse Person (Loader) Realistic Job Preview Video
This labor-intensive position is responsible for hand building pallets of product for bulk, and route trucks. Each type of loading requires strict attention to order accuracy with respect to loading outgoing trucks and unloading incoming trucks. Works from electronic order system or order sheets to build loads using a forklift and/or electronic pallet jack. Position is responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with shipper/receiver documentation. Follows warehouse instructions in building loads (). Employees must maintain a clean and safe work environment. Position may be required to work across a wide variety of weather conditions and hours, shift duration depends on work load and may vary daily.
Transport truck loading involves moving full pallets of products from the warehouse onto a trailer and removing any returned pallets/plastic flats. Responsible for unloading raw materials and placing them in designated warehouse space.
Bulk truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of products from the warehouse and loading them onto a pallet. Position is responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping. In most cases, pallets are loaded onto a trailer for local delivery. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Route truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors or pallets of products from the warehouse and loading them into the truck. Product/packages for each truck are customized based on the salespersons order. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Position requires lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly during a long work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as product is moved.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Drive power pallet jack or forklift to picking area and build pallet/load according to load sheet or voice pick audio equipment (if applicable)
- Mark load ticket for out of stock items
- Wrap pallet when pallet/load is finished
- Turn in paper work with order for check before loading and have truck checked
- Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
- Complete partial pallets and put away mixed pallets
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- 18 years or older
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., order selector/picking product storage, product staging, powered pallet jack/forklifts, etc.)
- Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
- Experience working in a team environment (e.g., cooperating with co-workers, joint problem solving, etc.)
Type of Position: Full-time
Driving Requirement: No driving and no CDL certification
Shift Starting Pay: $16.95 per hour
For immediate consideration, please go to https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
PepsiCo Beverages North America https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main Tell a Friend!