VIP2 University (2-day session) 2019
Name: VIP2 University (2-day session) 2019
Date: April 2, 2019 - April 3, 2019
Registration: Register Now
This is a dynamic, in-depth, 2-day course suited for leaders and future leaders that work in the real world. The Chamber is pleased to partner with VIP2 University in offering this degree of quality leadership training to our Chamber Members. Given that this will be a very in-depth course with personal attention given to each industry represented, this 2-day session will be limited to 12 people.
Coffee, a light breakfast & lunch will be provided.
VIP2 University is a two-day leadership training suitable for executives, front-line leaders and emerging leaders. The scope of the session is looking at leadership, front-line people and your work environment through a different lens with a focus on the connections between work environment, leadership and bottom-line results.
Content over the two-day session includes:
Introduction to VIP2 (Values-driven, Informed, Passionate People)
• The “real world” genesis and application of VIP2
• The relationship between work environment and the “bottom line”
• How to hire values-driven people (where are they?)
• Why “core values” must be the foundation of your work environment
• Why you must hold people accountable to those values
• The VIP2 perspective on new-hire orientation / training
• What does “being informed” look like (communications, etc.)
• Truly knowing your people: The power in unified diversity, understanding personality types, and successfully leading both “millennials” and your “seasoned” people
• The power of “why” and “the big picture” to fuel passion
• Managing Conflict (keeping the passion positive)
• Avoiding Burnout (keeping the passion burning for you and those that work for you)
Leaving a True Legacy as a VIP2 Leader
About the Presenter...
JON HARRISON BIO
At the peak of a successful 25-year career at Caterpillar Inc. (including director-level positions in Australia, Japan, and most recently, serving as General Manager for their new world-class manufacturing facility in North Little Rock), Jon left corporate America to follow his calling of serving people that are often overlooked and under-appreciated.
This transition from a career focused on “success” to one that focuses on “significance” was an easy one for Jon as the common theme during his career at Caterpillar was his passion for people. Jon is known as a leader that places special attention on the “front-line” team members who are often ignored in many organizations. Through his many years of experience in all corners of the world, Jon has proven that the only sustainable competitive advantage for any organization is to become relentless in developing a team of values-driven, informed and passionate people.
Driven from this passion, Jon founded his own company, VIP2, (which stands for Values-driven, Informed, Passionate People). VIP2, through several avenues, assists organizations with this critical journey, resulting in successful organizations and transformed lives.
Jon holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Economics from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, and is a graduate of the Advanced Management Program at Duke University.
Jon's driving forces in his life are his faith, his family (wife Jennifer and three daughters, Lindsey, Taylor and Grace) and his friends.